Friday, June 19, 2009

School Is Over

I just got out of CETEC for the last time. I said sort of preliminary good-bye's to my teachers and classmates. I'm still gonna come back and say good bye on Monday but I wont be able to see some of my teachers again. Now I have 2 and a half months of break ahead of me, my mom is coming on Sunday, and we will both go see her side of the family in Amazonas on Wednesday! I'm very excited, but it's incredible to think that I will soon be thousands of miles away from all the people I got to know, hung out with, joked with, played soccer with, learned with, and got so close to for almost 11 months. Today someone told me that I don't even seem like an American anymore, we've all gotten that close. My class was so great. I'll never forget them.

1 comment:

Ted said...

You don't even seem like an American anymore? No, Lucas. What has happened because of your friendship, your understanding, and your hard work, is that now you and your friends have come to realize that we are all Americans. North, Central, and South - somos todos americanos. This is the great accomplishment of your year abroad. I am so proud of you, my son.