Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Birthday!

Today I had a WONDERFUL birthday! Unfortunately I have too many photos to post here but we took a small tour of the city, and had a great family dinner with some friends as well and I said many sad goodbyes. It was still a very happy occasion though. I can't write very much right now though because it's very late and I need to go to bed so I can pack tomorrow. I've been up for hours uploading photos to my computer, music from Bernardo, and responding to birthday messages from friends on orkut. I'm especially going to miss my family here Ivania, Paulo, Bernardo, and Laís. They were so wonderful to take me in and they will always be in my heart as my parents, brother, and sister. I love them very very much. Tomorrow, me and my mom will be interviewed on the radio at 8:30am, we will say our last goodbyes, and we leave for Porto Alegre a little before noon tomorrow. I received many wonderful gifts including books, clothing, and photo albums with tons of notes written from family members, friends, and students from around the city. The people of Veranópolis couldn't have been more hospitable and I will always remember them. I love so many people here and they will remain in my heart forever.

2 comments:

Joe Lacey said...

happy birthday man. see you soon

Unknown said...

We miss you...