Monday, June 22, 2009

Piano Performance

I just got back from performing piano at the "Casa da Cultura" or (house of culture) with my classmates Taís and Greg. I played the beginning of Rhapsody in Blue, Prelude III by Gershwin, the Mozart Concerto in C Major, Waltz in C# minor by Chopin, Prelude in B flat minor by Chopin, a classic Brazilian piece "Tico Tico no Fuba", and the official Grêmio Football Porto - Alegrense Anthem. There were about 50 people there including family, Nana's students, my classmates, and friends. It was a really great way to say goodbye to a lot of them. Then afterwards my class had a goodbye dinner at a restaurant called "Rab's". We took a lot of photos and said some tough goodbyes. We had a really good time though, like we always do. They even gave me a really great package with a book that Nana and Paulo say is really good, a bowl of candy, and a really sweet card from the whole class. Tomorrow me and my mom will be interviewed by the local radio station, and we will have a special dinner at "Rigo's" with many other people who want to say goodbye. I'm definitely gonna miss Veranópolis very very much.


From Left to Right: Greg, Taís, Marcela (Greg's sister who sang along with him), me, and Regina, my teacher.



My teacher Regina


No comments: